The library is fully open for service and in-person programs, and the Teen Department has resumed the popular Teen Volunteer program. If you’d like to participate, please introduce yourself by filling out a quick online form, Click Here for Volunteer Interest Form. Then, your Teen Librarian, Nike, will be in touch.
The program offers a flexible schedule and is tailored to participants areas of interest, process orientated, project based. It is very supportive, hands on, collaborative… and fun!
- Plan and execute activities at the Library
- Help out with crafts and displays
- Do outreach with other local organizations
- Create flyers and informational/ learning material
- Use the library catalog to help to manage the collection
- Learn job, life, & communication skills
- Meet new people
- Serve as a community role model
- Flexible schedule
- Create thematic book displays
- Initiate, build, and grow longer term and larger scale showcases and community efforts (Such as art exhibitions, a new Teen Magazine, and installations like the Haunted Book Cellar!)
Any other questions or suggestions?
Email Nike Desis, Teen Librarian, (pronounced niki, she/her) at firstname.lastname@example.org